Hot air Balloon safaris in East Africa
Balloon safaris are a unique and exciting way to explore the savanna plains and wildlife of East Africa. From Kenya and Tanzania to Rwanda and Uganda, hot air balloon rides offer breathtaking views of the sunrise, the landscape, and the animals that call these countries home. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at balloon safaris in each of these countries, including the locations, the experience, what to see, the cost, the companies that offer the service, and the best time to go for the balloon safari.
You’ll float effortlessly over the rolling hills and open savannas, taking in panoramic views of the landscape and wildlife below. The sound of the burning hot air and the gentle sway of the basket add to the ethereal quality of the experience. Some balloon operators even offer a champagne toast to celebrate your flight, making it a truly unforgettable experience.
In terms of health requirements and insurance, it’s important to note that hot air ballooning is considered a low-risk activity, but it’s always best to check with your doctor before embarking on any adventure. In terms of insurance, it’s recommended to have comprehensive travel insurance that covers hot air ballooning, as well as emergency evacuation coverage.
About the Safari Balloons
The Safari Balloons are a unique and exciting way to view the African wilderness. Made by Cameron of Britain, these hot air balloons are one of the safest ways to explore the African Savannah. A balloon safari allows you to take in the sights and sounds of the African bush from above. On a safari flight, you can spot game and witness incredible views for a number of hours, depending on the weather conditions.
Experiences in a hot air balloon on safari are one-of-a-kind. The air currents, such as wind direction and speed, are what the balloons rely on to move. The pilot’s only range of motion is vertical.
What to Expect On a Balloon Safari
A Balloon Safari is a unique and breathtaking way to explore the African savannah. Whether you’re flying over the Masai Mara or the Serengeti, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience. Here’s what you can expect on your hot air balloon flight.
- Sunrise: Most balloon safaris take place at sunrise, when the winds are calm and the air is still cool. This provides the ideal conditions for a safe and comfortable flight and allows you to experience the beauty of the savannah as the sun rises.
- Launch Site: The adventure begins at the launch site where you will receive a briefing on the flight and the safety procedures. You’ll also meet your pilot and the other passengers.
- Vantage Point: Once you’re in the air, you’ll have a unique vantage point from which to see the savannah and its wildlife. You’ll be able to spot elephants, wildebeest, and other animals as they go about their daily routines.
- Savannah: The savannah is a breathtaking landscape, and a hot air balloon flight is the perfect way to experience it. From high above, you’ll be able to see the rolling hills, vast plains, and stunning scenery that make the African bush so special.
- African Safari: A hot air balloon safari is a true African adventure. Whether you’re watching the Great Migration, seeing the Serengeti from above, or simply enjoying the beauty of the savannah, you’ll feel like you’re on a real African safari.
- Champagne Breakfast: After the flight, you’ll be treated to a champagne breakfast where you can relax and reflect on your experience. You’ll have the opportunity to chat with the other passengers, share stories, and relive the highlights of your hot air balloon flight.
Hot Air Ballooning in Kenya
The ultimate Safari Experience Like No Other.
Kenya is a country that’s renowned for its natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and diverse wildlife. And what better way to experience all of these things than on a hot air balloon safari?
Hot air ballooning in Kenya is a unique and unforgettable way to explore the savannah and see the country from a whole new perspective.
The balloon is piloted by a trained professional, and the balloon itself is typically produced by Cameron, a British company that specialises in making hot air balloons. There is usually room for up to 16 passengers per balloon, however this might be more or fewer depending on the size of the basket.
You’ll float gently over the rolling hills, spotting wildlife and taking in the stunning scenery of the masai mara plains. With experienced pilots at the helm and modern, well-maintained equipment, you can sit back and relax, safe in the knowledge that you’re in good hands.
Maasai Mara: The Heart of Kenya’s Savannah
The Masai Mara is a great destination for a hot air balloon safari as you can see some of the most spectacular wildlife scenery in Africa. A balloon flight offers an unforgettable experience and will provide you with breathtaking memories that will last a lifetime. Whether it’s a romantic getaway or an adventurous family outing, Safari Balloons offer an amazing opportunity to explore Africa from new heights.
The Maasai Mara is one of Kenya’s most famous wildlife reserves and is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves nature and adventure. With its rolling hills, vast African plains, and diverse wildlife, the Mara is the perfect place to experience a hot air balloon safari. You’ll have the chance to spot the best of African wildlife including lions, hyena, elephants, zebras, and other animals as they go about their daily routines, all from the comfort of your hot air balloon. Here Governor’s Camp offers this activity. They have various packages on offer for the best safari experience.
After your hot air balloon flight, you’ll be treated to a champagne breakfast, where you can relax and reflect on your experience. You’ll have the opportunity to chat with the other passengers, share stories, and relive the highlights of your hot air balloon safari.
In terms of what to see, the Maasai Mara is home to a rich variety of wildlife, including lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, giraffes, and many more. Keep your eyes peeled for any of these animals during your flight, as well as for the Mara River, where you may catch sight of crocodiles basking in the sun.
Balloon safaris in the Maasai Mara typically cost around $500-$600 per person. The cost covers the balloon flight, transfers to and from the launch site, and a light breakfast or brunch. Some companies also offer a bush breakfast or champagne brunch as part of the package. Some of the companies that offer balloon safaris in the Maasai Mara include Hot Air, Sky Safaris, and Balloon Over Mara.
Camps and Lodges in the Masai Mara
There are plenty of camps and lodges in and around the Maasai Mara that offer comfortable accommodations for visitors. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious lodge or a more basic camping experience, there’s something for everyone in the Mara reserve. Some of the notable lodges and camps include Mara Plains Camp, Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp, Governors’ Il Moran Camp, Bateleur Camp, Little Governors’ Camp, Elephant Pepper Camp, &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp, Royal Mara, Safari Lodge, Siana Springs Tented Camp and Keekorok Lodge, These camps and lodges offer comfortable accommodation for visitors and are well known for their association with hot air balloon safaris in the Maasai Mara.
The best time to go on a balloon safari in the Maasai Mara is during the wildebeest migration, which takes place from July to October. During this time, you’ll have the chance to see huge herds of wildebeest and zebras making their way across the Mara River, a truly spectacular sight.
Amboseli National Park
Amboseli National Park is a wildlife reserve in southern Kenya, located at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, cheetahs, giraffes, and many species of birds.
There are several companies that offer balloon safari packages in Amboseli National Park. These packages typically include the balloon ride, breakfast, and transportation to and from the park. Prices for these packages vary, but you can expect to pay around $500-600 per person for a standard package. Some companies may also offer more luxurious options, with higher prices to match.
There are several companies that offer balloon safaris in Amboseli National Park. Some options include:
- Balloon Safaris Limited: This company offers daily balloon safaris in Amboseli National Park, as well as in other parts of Kenya. In addition to the balloon ride and champagne breakfast, their packages also include a game drive in the park and a visit to a Maasai village.
- Maasai Mara Hot Air Balloon Safaris: This company offers hot air balloon rides in Amboseli National Park, as well as in the Masai Mara National Reserve. In addition to the balloon ride, their packages also include a game drive and a champagne breakfast.
- African Sermon Safaris: This company offers a range of safari packages in Amboseli National Park, including balloon safaris. Their packages include the balloon ride, breakfast, and transportation to and from the park.
- Governor’s Camp: Provides the one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a balloon safari over the Masai Mara Game Reserve, which is home to a wide variety of animals throughout the year and is known for its vast grasslands, forests, and rivers. Viewing the yearly Wildebeest migration from a balloon between the months of July and October is an experience that will stay with you forever.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris in Uganda
Looking for an unforgettable adventure in Uganda? Look no further than Murchison Falls National Park and a hot air balloon safari with Dream Balloons Uganda. This tour company offers exceptional hot air balloon experiences over one of the country’s most stunning landscapes.
One of the best things about hot air ballooning in Murchison Falls National Park is the chance to see a wide variety of wildlife. Depending on the time of year and the area you’re flying over, you might see elephants, lions, buffalo, giraffes, and many other species of African animals. The vantage point of a hot air balloon gives you a unique perspective on the African bush, making it an unforgettable experience.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris in Tanzania
Riding in a hot air balloon over Tanzania is an adventure you won’t soon forget. A hot air balloon safari is the best way to take in the breathtaking beauty of Tanzania’s landscapes and wildlife.
The Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Manyara are just few of the many places in Tanzania where you may go hot air ballooning. The beauty and variety of Tanzania’s wildlife may be appreciated in a new light at each stop.
Balloon Safaris in the Serengeti National Park
The Serengeti is a great destination for hot air ballooning and is a perfect place to experience the Great Migration, one of the world’s largest and most spectacular wildlife migrations.
Here, you’ll soar over the vast savanna plains and witness a variety of wildlife, including lions, elephants, giraffes, and more. Balloon safaris in the Serengeti usually take place at sunrise, providing a unique perspective on the landscape and wildlife below.
The experience of a hot air balloon ride in the Serengeti is both peaceful and exhilarating. You’ll float above the plains, taking in the stunning views and feeling the rush of the wind. The sounds of the burning hot air and the animals below create a truly immersive experience.
In terms of what to see, the Serengeti is home to an incredible array of wildlife, including the Big Five (lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, and rhinos). Keep your eyes peeled for any of these animals during your flight, as well as for the stunning landscape of the Serengeti, which includes rolling hills, acacia forests, and large rivers.
Balloon safaris in the Serengeti typically cost around $500-$600 per person. The cost covers the balloon flight, transfers to and from the launch site, and a light breakfast or brunch. Some companies also offer a bush breakfast or champagne brunch as part of the package. Some of the companies that offer balloon safaris in the Serengeti include Serengeti Balloon Safaris, Sky Safaris, and Balloon Over Mara.
The best time to go on a balloon safari in the Serengeti is during the annual wildebeest migration, which takes place from June to September. During this time, you’ll have the chance to see huge herds of wildebeest
Balloon Safaris In Rwanda
Balloon rides above Akagera National Park are a great opportunity to see the landscape from above. Take in the tranquil sounds of nature as you float above Lake Ihema, Giraffe Plain, hills, peninsulas, and a variety of wild animals in a Hot Air Balloon.
The beautiful weather and breathtaking landscapes teeming with wildlife that Akagera provides attracts tourists from all over the world.
Hot air balloon rides over Akagera National Park, Rwanda’s most visited tourist attraction, are solely offered by Royal Balloon – Rwanda.
Book your Hot Air Balloon safari today!
Are you ready for an adventure unlike any other? Book your hot air balloon safari today and experience the breathtaking beauty of the African savannah from high above!
Hot air balloon safaris offer a unique and unforgettable way to explore the vast open spaces of the savannah. You’ll float gently over the rolling hills, spotting wildlife and taking in the stunning scenery as you go.
Balloon safaris are one of the safest ways to fly and are suitable for people of all ages. With experienced pilots at the helm and modern, well-maintained equipment, you can sit back and relax, safe in the knowledge that you’re in good hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a balloon safari?
The cost of a hot air balloon safari varies based on numerous factors, including flight duration, time of year, and firm booked through. A hot air balloon safari may cost between $450 and $600 per person on average. This usually includes the flight itself, a pre-flight briefing, and a champagne brunch after the trip. Some businesses may additionally include extra facilities or activities, which might increase the overall cost of the experience. It is essential to conduct research and evaluate several firms and packages in order to locate the greatest option for your budget.
Is a hot air balloon in Masai Mara worth it?
A hot air balloon safari in Masai Mara can be an unforgettable and truly worth-it experience. Here are some reasons why:
- Unique perspective: Floating above the savannas and seeing wildlife from a bird’s-eye view is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Serene and peaceful: Hot air balloon flights are known for being peaceful and calm, allowing you to take in the breathtaking surroundings in silence.
- Witness the Great Migration: If you’re visiting Masai Mara during the right time of year, you can see the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebras from a hot air balloon.
- Photography opportunities: The aerial views from a hot air balloon make for stunning photographs that you’ll treasure for years to come.
- Memory to last a lifetime: A hot air balloon safari in Masai Mara is a unique and memorable experience that you’ll never forget.
How long is a hot air balloon ride in Maasai Mara?
Masai Mara balloon safari typically lasts for one hour. The flight time may vary slightly depending on weather conditions, but on average, a hot air balloon safari in Maasai Mara lasts for one hour. This gives you enough time to take in the breathtaking views of the savanna and see some of the wildlife that call this area home. The total duration of the entire experience including the pre-flight briefing and post-flight champagne breakfast, is typically around three to four hours.
What is the best time of day to do the balloon safari activity?
Sunrise is a common time for hot air balloon excursions to take off. However, this varies per business, so it’s important to double-check with the one you’re considering booking with to find out when exactly their flights leave. The advantages of starting early are outlined below.
- Calm weather: When you fly in the morning, you won’t have to worry as much about the wind, so you can relax and enjoy the ride.
- Sunrise: If you’re seeking for a one-of-a-kind and peaceful experience, the African savanna at sunrise is the perfect place to be.
- Wildlife Activity: Early morning hours also include increased wildlife activity, increasing your chances of spotting wild creatures in their native settings.
- Photography: Early morning light is perfect for photography, allowing you to take breathtaking aerial shots of the countryside and wildlife below.